Friday, April 13, 2012

Letters of Love

And this is why we do what we do...

Jodi-

I think I have bombarded Jacki with enough thank yous for her to know how much I appreciate her work at our wedding on March 17, but I wanted to contact directly and tell you exactly what a dream the entire experience with your staff has been this past year.

I remember our first conversation -- I believe all your girls were out so you called me yourself -- and from the very beginning I was impressed with the customer service. You sent me an estimate within a day and had an answer for every question. Most people can't believe I booked my venue sight unseen, but I had a great feeling about you all from the beginning, and I'm so glad I followed my instincts.

I never had an email or phone call go unanswered longer than 24 hours (usually it was within an hour or two). I never received a response that was anything less than extremely helpful and cheerful. You may have three of the nicest people I've ever met working for you. Whatever you have done to create such a positive and customer-oriented culture is truly amazing; I don't think I've ever experienced service that comes anywhere close to what I received at the Winfield.

As the day approached and the weather report looked foreboding, Robyn and Jacki both did everything to reassure me. When I asked whether we could try and make the ceremony work by the gazebo even if there was light rain, Robyn's exact words were "If you want to get married by the Dumpster, we'll do it for you. It's your day." That mindset was obvious in every conversation I had with your staff.

Which brings us to the wedding day. I can honestly say it was one of the most fun and memorable days of my life. Everything was perfectly in order and I didn't have a care in the world. Jacki and the interns were there when we needed them and out of the way when we didn't. I was able to have a great time getting ready with my friends and not have to worry about how everything was getting set up. The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch, and my experience in event planning assures me that was only the result of extremely diligent work on the part of your staff. Though we had dinner in the house, I heard from my guests that the wait staff were great as well; never too far away, but not hovering.

As if that all wasn't enough, Jacki may have told you she received a worried call from me the Sunday after our wedding. I had asked my mom to be sure to get Joe's boutonniere when she picked up all of our things--we had decided we would plant it along with the succulents from my bouquet--but she missed the message. Joe's face fell when he heard that it had been left behind, and I immediately called Jacki. I have no idea what she had to do to get it back--at this point I honestly believe she would have dug through the trash for us--but she found it and I was able to have my matron of honor pick it up later that day. That extra effort on her part just topped off a year where I felt like I had no request too ridiculous or small to be taken seriously. I have several friends getting married in the next year and I can only hope the staff at their venues are as attentive, professional, hardworking and kind as mine were. You have a fantastic operation going on there and I wish you all the best. If there are any Web sites you prefer to have customers post reviews, please let me know; I'd be happy to share my experience.

Thank you again.
--March 17th Bride 

The Winfield Inn

The Winfield Inn
Fusion of classic and contemporary

Wedding Tree

Wedding Tree
Our Kissing Trees is a Popular Site

Gazebo

Gazebo
Wedding Ceremony at the Gazebo